Career is just not doing the same job over the years and retiring in the old age. It is proving one’s own abilities, honing their skills and growing up the ladders of success. It involves hard work and determination apart from continuous learning. Women face more challenges compared to men in attaining success in career due to multiple reasons like marriage, child care, health issues etc. However, with proper planning and co-operation from family members this would not be a problem. Lot of tips are needed to stay active daily at office and to attain success. Here is a list of top ten ideas that would work at your work place.
1. Maintain a planner: Note all the points in a planner so that you don’t miss any. Never hesitate to carry a pen and notes to your meetings. Though many apps are available for noting down points, nothing beats a book and a pen. Learn to say ‘no’ to avoid unnecessary burden and distractions.
2. Improve your qualification: Keep updating your self in your field by doing any certifications, correspondence courses, publishing papers, giving or attending seminars on your subject. Learn every week a new concept apart from your routine work. Be in constant touch with market in your field.
3. Set a goal: Form a career goal for short term and long term. Work towards achieving them. Take advise of your seniors and tips from your juniors. Be first to listen and learn.
4. Stay healthy: A healthy mind in a healthy body. Concentrate on your health. Monitor your exercise, diet and sleep patterns. Develop a hobby,meditate and do yoga to reduce stress.
5. Be positive: Take all comments and feedback from your colleagues in a positive manner. Never take them to heart and don’t let them depress you. You know what you are capable of!! Yellow color boosts positive energy in oneself. So have a fresh yellow rose on your work desk or fill your monitor screen with yellow color wall paper.
6.Improve your bio-data: Don’t forget to update your bio-data with your achievements and accomplishments as and when you achieve them. This adds a positive energy to you.
7. Pat yourself: Celebrate your every winning moment and note them down. Appreciate yourself by gifting and praising in front of a mirror. Wake up each day with new energy enough to make you love your work.
8. Seek cooperation: If you are not getting help from your family members, take some time and discuss with them. Tell them their importance and share some tasks to them reduce your burden. Try to delegate works at office, if possible. Don’t try to be a super woman.
9. Check your financial status: Regularly check your financial plannings. A correct financial plan gives enough courage and confidence to go ahead in life.
10. Believe yourself: Work hard, think smart, trust your skills, constantly keep improving them and move ahead in positive direction. Remember, there are no short cuts to success. No pain, no gain. But fruits of labor are always sweet!!
Do you want to share any?? Please do it, we want to hear yours too……