Born in Indonesia and available easily throughout the world, Cloves make a wonder spice in terms of its health benefits apart from its spicy flavor. They are most commonly used in preparation of spicy recipes. Almost in every Indian spice box, cloves are a must. Many home cures are available with this wonder spice for various problems. Let’s check out all those health benefits that can be obtained from this spice.
1. Nasal and bronchial problems
Nasal problems like cold, cough,sinusitis, sneezes and bronchial problems like asthma and bronchitis can be put under control using cloves.
- Boil 6 cloves in 5 cups of water and wait till they become 2 cups. Drink this decoction twice a day to get relief from all the above problems.
- You can also inhale the vapor while they are boiling to get relief from blocked nose.
- Apply clove oil on your handkerchief and inhale its smell frequently to breathe easily during cold and flu.
2. Indigestion and stomach disorders
- Diarrhea, worms in stomach, vomiting, giddiness can be controlled by drinking the decoction made of cloves.
- Mix powder of 2 cloves and a spoon of sugar in a glass of cold water. Drink this to get immediate relief from acidity.
3. Sex life enhancer and de-alcoholic:
Regular usage of cloves in foods proved to improve your sexuality. Chewing cloves also suppresses the desire to consume alcohol.
4. Tooth problems:
- Chew very slowly two cloves and swallow its juice twice a day. This relieves you from tooth pain.
- Apply clove oil on your teeth to suppress that pain.
Cloves are rich in anti-oxidants and help in fighting aging, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer, cancer and arthritis. Have them daily a two to attain their benefits.
Like any other food or medicine, excessive consumption of cloves is also not suggested. A healthy person can chew up to three cloves a day to attain its amazing benefits.