One of the latest entries into the “super food” list is Brown rice. Though it has been the part of our grand parents diet, recent generations had neglected it and opted for polished rice. However, the increasing health consciousness among people made this super food into their grocery shopping list entry. Brown rice rice offers multiple benefits compared to polished rice.
- Since only outer layer is removed, brown rice retains all minerals and vitamins that enhances the taste and nutrition levels.
- Our stomach feels full very early after consuming brown rice leading to reduced intake of food.
- The fiber in brown rice reduces constipation and protects large intestine.
- Helps reduce cholesterol and prevents diabetes, obesity and menstrual problems.
- Regularizes menstrual cycle by improving hormonal activity.
- Selenium present in brown rice protects heart. Taking starch made of brown rice improves our energy levels contains vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B12 in sufficient levels.
- Brown rice is best cooked with open lid method than under pressure cooking process.
- If you are planning to start including brown rice in your diet, don’t suddenly jump into it. Start with 2-3 times a week for 3 months and gradually increase the frequency.